About Engine Doctor
If you're here, I guess you're keen to know a little bit more about the Engine Doctor and how we can help you.
Myself, I'm an ex-airline pilot and time-served engineer. Engines and engine diagnostics are my speciality, but I can do any type of work on cars.
There are a lot of places out there that will claim they can fix your engine problems. But not many of them actually have the equipment or experience to it properly. We've got the latest diagnostic equipment and many years experience that means we can find out exactly what is going on, make sure your vehicle is fixed and that you are back on the road as soon as possible.
A lot of people panic when a warning light comes on on the dashboard. Others ignore it - maybe even cover it with tape or disconnect it. Don't! The warning light is there for a reason. It is a sign that something is not working as it should and, even though it might not be causing an obvious problem now, it may lead to something far more serious. It is important to get your vehicle checked out by someone who knows what they are doing - not someone who will merely hide the problem (only for it to return a short while later). We have a proven track record in correctly identifying engine issues and fixing them.
If you're not sure what engine diagnostics are, and why they are important, then have a look at this informative article from General Auto Repair.
However, our services don't just stop at engines. We can work on all aspects of your vehicle. Often when we receive a vehicle in for repair it is because it has failed an MOT and we are able to look all the points that have caused it to fail and set them right. There's no need to visit lots of different places to get your car sorted - bring it to us and we will get you back on the road and motoring again. We can also service your car too so don't neglect the annual maintenance - bring it to us so that we can prevent an unwanted breakdown or potential problems further down the line.
As we said, we can provide a whole range of services relating to your engine and vehicle, including:
- Rebuild - which entails an entire stripdown from "carb-to-pan" or top to bottom. All parts are cleaned and inspected, any damaged parts replaced and the engine re-assembled and re-installed
- Engine Diagnostics and Repair - if there is a specific problem I can properly diagnose it and ensure it is fully fixed. No temporary solutions or workarounds. I spend the time to get to the heart of the problem and make sure you wont be back again with same issue a few days later.
- Servicing - all engines and cars need looking after and I can perform all the regular checks necessary to make sure your runs efficiently and runs well.
- Injectors - I can replace faulty injectors but sometimes they may just need cleaning. We'll take a look and make sure they are replaced or cleaned as appropriate.
- MOT Work - No-one likes an MOT fail but I can help to get your car repaired and back on the road
I offer a personal, friendly service out of my nice, modern workshop and I work on all cars, modern as well as classics.
I guarantee you will get a professional, no-nonsense service so don't settle for second best. We're also fully VAT registered giving you piece of mind that you are dealing with an established, reputable company.
If you want to ask me a question or get your car booked in, just give me a call, send me an email or contact me through the website here.